Sunday, February 17, 2008

Spring Break

This morning at Family Council I asked the kids where they wanted to go for Spring Break. This is what they said:

  • Disneyland
  • Disneyworld
  • Mexico --because it's fun and you can swim
  • California
  • Texas--to visit the Hopkins
  • Chicago--originally identified as "the place where Ned and Melissa live"
  • New York--to see the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
  • Washington, DC--to see the white house and the statue of the guy sitting in the chair (Connor and Bronson learned about Lincoln this week), oh, and Aunt Karen
  • Boston--Annika "We could see the Liberty Bell!" Me "You mean
  • Philadelphia
  • France--We've promised we'll take them if they learn french
  • Mobile--to visit Mimi and Granpa
  • Florida
  • Nevada
  • Edmonton--there's a cool mall there with a swimming pool
  • Hawaii
  • Africa
  • Brazil
  • Japan
As you can see they have big plans. I'd been thinking Wayne County, Utah, home of Capital Reef Monument and only a few hours away. Or better yet, finding a Holiday Inn with an indoor pool and miniature golf course. Although, I've never been to New York . . .

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for telling me you finally have a post. I am little offended that Chicago was not the first suggestion out of the kids mouth oh well I better put some better posts up.

bonitinha said...

Sure, Philly makes the list now that we don't live there anymore! :)

Jenny said...

wow. ambitious aren't they? can i come? :) i could be the nanny or something . . .


btw - i'm soooo happy to see you post! :)

Karen said...

At least I made the middle of the list. We are doing DC for spring break ourselves.