Me: So, tonight you, Connor, and Marissa are going with Grandma to a ballroom dance thing at BYU.
Annika: Another dance thing?Me: Well, yeah. Uncle Mark works with the dance teams so--
Annika: I KNOW that.
Me: --so he can get us tickets for free. Otherwise we'd have to pay for them.
Annika: Otherwise we wouldn't go.
Me (starting to feel the tiniest bit defensive): You don't think we would go? Don't you like--
Annika: We wouldn't even know about it!
Leaving me to spend the rest of the drive wondering, did my 8 year old just call me an uncultured hick?!
6 comments:
If only Annika knew how jealous her Aunt Emily is that she gets to go to a ballroom dance thing! Well, she'd probably think I was just crazy, and that might be worse than being an uncultured hick!
So the question is, did Annika like the ballroom dance show?
nice. :)
Annika, Connor, and Marissa all loved the show. They had a great time, and Annika loved that Clara took her around to meet all the dancers afterward.
I'm glad everyone liked the show. Tell Emily we can get her tickets too if she wants.
That made me laugh so hard. Oh Annika tells it like it is or not how is but how she thinks it is. I imagine this sort of thing is in my future with Lucas especially since they share the same birthday and he is already pretty sassy.
Post a Comment